All positions and roles at Morris Packaging collaborate to ensure we produce and provide an exceptional product and experience for all our customers. As we expand our product line and our business grows, we seek highly motivated and well-trained individuals to join us as Laminator Operators.
The Laminator Operator position is responsible for setting up the laminating machine, performing safety checks, and ensuring the proper materials are in place. An operator will operate the laminating machine, maintain the rollers and materials, read and interpret job tickets and specifications, input the correct settings, monitor equipment, and troubleshoot any problems that arise during the operation of the laminating machine.
The position requires that the operator set up and run high-quality products at optimum speeds with little supervision. Depending on customer volume and the needed output demands, this position may work beyond the typical workday. This position has a moderate to high demand for tight deadlines and can experience mild interruptions in workflow, often starting and stopping for product changeovers.
Morris Packaging offers a competitive comprehensive benefits package that allows you work-life balance. This includes a competitive salary, including a shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts, a 401(k) plan, medical, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, dental insurance, robust paid time-off plan, and advancement opportunities in a climate-controlled environment with the very latest in technology.
Required qualifications for the Laminator Operator
- High school diploma or GED and at least two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to load and unload rolls on/off the press with proper labeling and tracking.
- Quality checks of every roll to maintain adhesive weights.
- Inspect glue – make sure it meets specifications.
- Ability to clean up machines.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness to keep machine operable.
- Must work safely at all times.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to read and write English, fluent in the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Continuous (6 to 10 hours per day) bending, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, reaching, lifting, and grasping.
- Continuous (6 to 10 hours per day) standing and walking.
- Continuous (6 or more hours per day) talking, teaching, and repetitive motion, hand/wrist movement.
- Good eyesight, normal hearing.
- Ability to move and lift objects, frequently 75 lbs.
The Laminator Operator is a crucial position for Morris Packaging, but don’t take our word for it. Check out what our own Otis Houston has to say about why he enjoys working as a Laminator Operator at Morris Packaging.
Here’s Why He Loves Being a Laminator Operator
If you are self-driven, have a keen sense of precision, are results-driven, enjoy collaborating with your fellow team members, and feel this position is the right fit for you, review our current openings on our career site here.
Morris Packaging was formed with a strong vision after seeing a need in the industry.
We’ve assembled the best team in the business to serve our customers. When you choose Morris Packaging, you work with people who believe in the power of collaborative relationships, transparency, and outstanding service. We are dedicated to creating sustainable, eco-friendly packaging solutions. To learn more about Morris Packaging or to join our team, contact us at 800-856-7627 or 309-663-9100. You can also get in touch with us by email at email@example.com for Sales & Marketing or firstname.lastname@example.org for Human Resources.